A Man After God’s Own Heart
October 4, 2020
Today Pastor Ben Kingston shares with us a message on how to be a man or woman after God’s own heart by examining the life of David. Acts 13:22 and I Samuel 17:32-36, 40.
- A man after God’s own heart does the right thing when no one is looking.
- A man after God’s own heart does the right thing when everyone is looking.
- A man after God’s own heart does the right thing after he’s done the wrong thing.
- A man after God’s own heart does the right thing even when everyone else wants him to do something else.
- A man after God’s own heart does the right thing when everyone else hates him.
- A man after God’s own heart does the right thing when the wrong thing would advance him.
And David said to Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth. And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God… And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd’s bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.I Samuel 17:32-36, 40 KJV